After 15 years of training in pretty much every setting possible, I have seen it all when it comes to fitness equipment. There are so many things out there, so many gadgets, it can be completely overwhelming to know what the best, most effective, bang for you buck purchase when it comes to purchasing fitness equipment.
However, you do not need to spend tons of money or buy tons of equipments to get a killer training set up! In fact, I find that people often use that as an excuse/distraction... "I must get this before I can do that..." EXCUSES!
A few basic things consider....
- Try to avoid single function equipment - That machine, that does exactly that one movement, is not an ideal investment for at home training sessions (unless you have a specific injury, compensation or specific training target). Focus on equipment that is versatile and can be used in many different ways.
- Bands and Balls are your best friends - I can design a whole workout with a weighted ball and or a good band. Never under estimate the power of these simple tools. Plus, bands are super easy to travel with, which will come in handy as the world goes back to normal and you have to take your training sessions on the road (yay virtual training!!)
- Keep it organized - Don't waste precious time digging for equipment. Keep a clean, organized workout space to maximize time, efficiency and safety during your sessions.
Ok, now lets talk equipment... What are my absolute favs??
Here you go!
Things Everyone Needs
- BOOTY BANDS: Discovering these bands was game changing. They are wonderful! They don't slide or roll up when you move, they are soft on the skin and they provide great resistance. I use these in every workout and love them for my basic strengthening and activation exercises.
- Heavy Resistance BANDS: These are awesome. You can so many things with them. From legs to core to arms, back, shoulders, pull-ups, stability and balance... there are another tool I can create a whole workout with on their own. Plus they are easy to transport for on the go and outdoor workouts.
- RESISTANCE BANDS SET, EXERCISE BANDS WITH DOOR ANCHOR, HANDLES, CARRY BAG, LEGS ANKLE STRAPS:
This set is awesome! You will use it all the time. The bands are so easy to use because they can hook literally anywhere. The door anchor is great and creates the perfect resistance training system. These are so versatile, portable and functional, plus they pack a big resistance load!
- MEDICINE BALLS: Add a fun and explosive element to your workouts with these medicine balls. They are bouncy and can be used for wall balls and throws. They are a great size and durable. I love to mix these into my own workouts to add fun cardio circuits.
- SLAM BALLS: If you workout with me, you know I love a good slam ball workout. Not only physically rewarding but so so mentally rewarding too. Get a great strength and cardio workout at the same time. These are a great investment!
With just a few pieces of versatile, must function equipment, you can get a great workout in the convenience of your own home, around your own schedule. If you need some guidance or accountability, adding in online fitness coaching might be a great fit for you!
For more information about Online Fitness Training with Heart and Grit Wellness, please complete the goals questionnaire to schedule your complimentary, no-obligation, consultation. I'll answer any questions you have and help get you started with a solid plan of action towards your goals.